A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-Five-Hundred-And-Thirty-Five

Even as I have been working on this new novel, I also have had another idea that has been developing for a piece of fiction which I am excited to about.  That piece is very different from the one I am trying to focus on right now, and I do find it tempting.  It is a much more complicated piece with a lot of meta-textual elements, and is intended to involve the reader in the story in interesting and unusual ways.  I should just focus on the current piece, especially since I have been struggling with it some, but I can't help that this other idea is very interesting to me.  Indeed, I think that the idea for this piece might be me finally figuring out how to achieve certain things I have been wanting to do in my writing for some time, and so it is quite natural that I am drawn towards it at times.  Of course, part of me has to wonder if the timing of thinking this up isn't just a ploy, or maybe a test, by some part of me that doesn't really want to focus on the novel I am currently writing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three