A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-Five-Hundred-And-Fifty-Eight

I have allowed myself to be fairly loose in the writing of my poetry.  I do not mean this in terms of formality, though my work does tend to be primarily free verse; rather, I mean the approach.  I have often just let myself to vent through poems, or in other ways that feel close to what I think of as journaling, as a kind of tool for the writer, not an expression intended for a reader.  I do like to believe that I have not gone fully in that direction, and it is not true of all the poetry I produce, to be certain, but it is something I am aware of.  I haven't really fought against it, and I am not certain that I should, except that I want to find a way to go towards other types of poems.  I think it is time for me to shake up my poetry in some way.  I'm not certain quite what that will mean yet, but I feel like  it is time to push my work in a new direction, or maybe, even, an old one that I have been ignoring.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three