A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-Five-Hundred-And-Fifty-Seven

I am starting to get into a bit more of a groove writing the new novel, though that may only be an illusion right now, but the last few nights I have been feeling more connected to it.  I think that I need to be able to just trust myself to write it, really, and not worry as much about the larger picture of the book.  When I focus on a specific scene with action and characters, things often just flow.  I think that it might be that attending to that is enough, will carry me through the process, especially since I do have a strong sense of the story already.  I'm never going to be a writer who sits and plots out the whole of the book before I start, I know that, but I do think it through and have a clear sense of the plot.  Right now, I am kind of still wandering through this book, if I am honest, and I think that I just need to embrace that for the moment and trust myself that I know what I am doing, even if I am not yet clear on it.  It is when I let go and allow myself to dive in without fear of what will result that I think my best writing emerges.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three