A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-Five-Hundred-And-Thirty

I finished that short story last week and brought a copy of it to my therapist for her to read.  That may be odd, I am not sure.  She gave me the prompt for it in the first place, as a part of a discussion we were having at the time about my wanting to write more fiction and needing a bit of a push.  I am curious what she will think of it, especially as she is the first person who will read the whole thing.  I have a friend who read parts of it when I was writing, but he has been out of town for a bit, so I haven't shown him the full draft yet.  I am curious what she will think.  I have shown her a few pieces of writing before, but that was a bit more intentionally therapeutic, with the idea being that I would write a sort of metaphor to explain aspects of my experience (which I guess is a rubric for most any piece of fiction, in some sense).  Of course, I am always going to anticipate feedback with a kind of anxious excitement.  Not that it being my therapist isn't going to make it a little different.  Again, I am not really sure how odd that is.  Maybe any writer in therapy would do it if they had the right therapist who was open to it.  I suppose any therapy is going to get a bit weird; that may even be necessary for it to be of any value.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three