A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-Five-Hundred-And-Fifty-Four

I mentioned previously that I was finally starting to get a clear sense of the specifics of plot for this new novel.  I've had a clear sense of many aspects of the story and its overarching structure, but there were aspects of it that hadn't coalesced for me.  I also recognized that one reason I was having trouble was about where the villainy is focused.  At this point, I am no longer focusing on the idea that the specific invention at the heart of the story is the problem, but rather that it might be a real solution if it didn't exist inside of the specific system already in place around it.  Basically, the technology works to help people, but it is being implemented as a commercial product by people whose goals are exploitative of their clients.  In thinking about this, I have also come to understand the role of one of the central characters, who I had thought of as possibly being a bad guy in the story, but now I am starting to have a different idea that I think might be far more useful and interesting for the story.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three