A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-Five-Hundred-And-Fifty-Three

There are ways in which I keep getting bogged down within this novel.  A lot of the time this has been a result of my being very close to the subject, but that manifests in different ways.  At the moment, it is mainly a matter of the scene I am writing being based on real life events and my wanting to be accurate in a way that is kind of unimportant for the story.  I need to give myself permission to push away from that, and maybe find a way to just skip forward a bit so that I can get into the action of the plot instead of letting myself get hung up on things that are really not all that important to the actual story.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three