A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-Five-Hundred-And-Fifty

I think that I need to think through a few things to do with the novel I am working on.  As I have said, I'm getting a much better idea of it than I had before, and I think that there is a way in which it is refocusing somewhat.  I think that the major shift is in the nature of the problems that arise in the main plot.  I had always imagined it as growing out of the main character's use of a new technology for weight loss, and that has not changed, but I think that the problems are not going to be as directly about that technology or about the inherent journey to lose weight.  Instead, I think it is going to be focused on the way that a potential solution becomes warped and distorted by the systems around it, how it is implemented as a product, for example, by people with a desire for profit, who are willing to make decisions based on that motive and not on the needs of those they are supposedly "helping."  I am not fully clear on all of it, but I think this is an important shift in my thinking and another important step for me in writing this story.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three