A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-Five-Hundred-And-Forty-Seven

A lot of the writing I have done lately, in particular my poetry, has been quite dark lately.  It has reflected many concerns I have and I have, I think, used it as a sort of outlet for a lot of negative emotions.  This is probably quite healthy for me, as I have been dealing with many things I am finding difficult, even overwhelming, and I need a way to release that.  I do worry that these pieces are not going to connect with readers, that they are just angsty or angry and would read as juvenile.  It may be that is true, at least some of the time.  I would be shocked if I didn't have a few poems that were exactly as bad as I am imagining.  I don't really like to think of my writing in that way.  It isn't me writing a personal journal, is not an exercise I am engaging in for just me, but is intended to be an effort at communication.  I do bring that with me into these pieces, of course, and they are written with the desire to elicit something real.  It is hard to know if that is something I have achieved, but I like to believe at least some of what I am writing is working on that level.  In any event, I am still here, doing the work, and that is, as I have said before, the thing that matters most.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three