A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-Five-Hundred-And-Twenty-Nine

I have been working on the new novel for a few days now, and it is still slow going.  I feel like I am warming up to it, but I am still only just getting into it, really, and don't have a sense of the plot's starting point, yet.  Most of what I am writing so far is more reflective and seems quite close to things I might say if pressed to discuss my feelings about weight.  I believe that is important, even if it is not quite what I had expected to be doing with this work.  It may also be that it is necessary for me to work through some of these things in order to be ready to do the real work of the novel, or it may just turn out that the original idea was a sort of head fake that just got me started writing about this.  I am just going with it, right now, trusting that it is leading someplace.  It is, as I have said before, a process and the key to making it work is often just trusting it and continuing on.  I know that it has been getting easier to get into the work the past few days and that I am writing more each time I do, which suggests that any misgivings I might be discussing here are not all that important when it comes to the actual writing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three