A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-Five-Hundred-And-Thirty-Seven

I think that I am finally getting a clear idea for a real scene that will ground me into the novel, one that will give me a change to flesh out more of the same themes and ideas but in a way that is based in the events of the story.  I didn't quite start it tonight, as I was a bit hesitant to just drop into it without a transition into the scene, but I should probably have just done it, especially knowing that so much of what I have so far is probably going to be considered as preamble and dropped or changed severely before I am done.  I am still, I know, a bit self-conscious with this piece and have to cope with that.  Even so, I have a clear sense of the scene now, and I can imagine it as the start of a transition for me in writing this.  It is about delving into the characters and the world of the story in a way that will bring it to life for me, and I believe this scene has the right spark for that.  I will have to write it to find out if I am correct, but I know that I have not had this much clarity about this project since I began, even if it is still only clarity on the scale of the scene so far.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three