Poem:The Distraction Might Have Lasted Longer

The Distraction Might Have Lasted Longer

but it seems I did alright,
pulled myself back 
to what was most pressing
before too much time had passed.
It is earlier than I had thought,
if you want to know.  I had expected
it was an hour or two later already.
I suppose that means I have been diligent,
or more diligent, or not anything of the sort
and it is just earlier than expected.  The last one,
yes, that is the one that is the most like a truth.
or most likely to be, because who is certain?
If I were the type to be certain,
I would also have known, already,
just when it was. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three