Poem: It Will Continue This Way

It Will Continue This Way

We have chosen already
to keep it this way,
to allow more,
to give the chance
for this to work.
It may.  I want to hope,
but I have concerns,
doubts.  I worry, though,
am always that way.
It may mean nothing
that I have these questions
about the approach,
about what will be.
It was clear, wasn't it,
what was needed,
what the goals must be?
It was all discussed,
I am certain of that.
But is this right?
Will it lead forward,
towards that destination
which was pointed towards,
or is it another direction?
I do not know.  I am trusting,
am trying to not call it hope
but think of it as more than that,
want to believe it is better
than just the chance 
it might be right.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three