Poem: It Is Not Changed

It Is Not Changed 

I must do 
what is needed
to make it different,
but it is not done yet,
is not begun.  I think
it will be difficult,
but it is worse,
is harder, to be here
while it remains
unaddressed.  I am 
the one at fault
for all of it, this time,
with this.  It is nothing
that anyone else
has done.  I failed
and I must make it right.
I said that before, though,
said it and thought I would,
thought I had the intention,
and here I am, still,
here all of it remains
just as it was then.
Why should I believe
this time is different?
How can it ever be
if I do not think so?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three