Poem: I Was Distracted on My Way Here,

I Was Distracted on My Way Here,

almost did not arrive, almost,
but I caught myself
before I was too far off course.
I would have arrived, 
I would have.  Maybe later,
even later, I should say
since it is already late.
I caught myself,
but I did get distracted first,
did not stop myself 
before I was late,
but I did still arrive.
I did.  I am here.
I made it, even though
there was adventure,
I think, excitement,
things to notice and do.
I am here, though.
What more is wanted?
I am here.  It may be late
but that is nothing,
is so much sooner
than when I would have come
if I had not been so diligent
as to remember to come at all.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three