Poem: I Thought It Was Another Way

I Thought It Was Another Way

Those things, I made it clear,
they mean nothing to me,
are not to be used as evidence
of any kind, not for me.
Do not hide within that,
telling me about 
what will not matter.
It is only a distraction.
I do not want to spend time
on these things, hoping
it will be a way 
to the real things that matter.
If that is the plan,
you do not understand.
I remember telling you
this, saying it plain and clear,
and you seemed to understand,
but I am afraid it is not the truth,
am afraid of where I will find myself.
I need you to show me results 
that prove we are progressing
towards the outcomes I prioritized.
If you cannot provide that
what good is this effort at all?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three