Poem: I Thought I Had A Metaphor That Worked

I Thought I Had A Metaphor That Worked

but I wrote a few lines and stopped.
It did not feel right any longer
so I threw the lines away.
Don't worry: I know the metaphor.
The lines don't matter,
were obvious enough
if the metaphor worked.
It may be that it does
and I just need to think,
need to consider it again
and find the right approach,
the attitude, the understanding.
That does happen, sometimes.
I am hoping that is the truth, here
because I would like a good metaphor,
I have been trying to find the right one
for a long time.  I need to explain these things
and it is difficult to get it right.  A metaphor so would help.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three