Poem: I Have Thought of What It Might Be

I Have Thought of What It Might Be

if it were time for it.  I wish it could be that way,
but it is not, will be different.  It will be,
but not then and not here, not this, either.
It will be another way and another place
and some time to come that is otherwise
to anything that is here or now.
Someone will say that is fine, still,
at least it will be.  Even if not perfect
it is best it happen.  I do not know
if that is the way or not.
How would I know?  I am not sure
there is a way to tell
unless you follow it to the end
and who wants to do that
if it might be all wrong?
It makes no sense, does it,
none of it seems right,
there isn't a bit of meaning there.
It has gone out the side door
while everyone else was busy
watching out the window
for storms, fireworks,
the setting of the sun,
a particularly startling bird.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three