A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-Five-Hundred-And-Four

I have been pushing myself to write more explicitly personal poems recently.  As I mentioned a few days ago, I often have difficulty with being too direct or divulging too much.  This is a natural thing for many, I think, and it is not as if I never write anything personal, but there are many times when I find that I can't get the words right when trying to discuss such issues.  It is, of course, fear, a desire to not be judged or misunderstood.  It is not entirely true, I know, as I have written some very explicit and personal pieces at times, but that is not the norm for me.  I suppose that it would be good to figure out what was different when I was writing those pieces, if I can.   Pushing myself to write about things from a more personal viewpoint and to include more direct details from my real life is not always natural for me, but I believe it is important to gain a greater capacity in that area, and it is certainly a way to push beyond the work that I have been doing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three