A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-Five-Hundred-And-Twenty-Seven

I am trying to keep focused on this novel that I just began writing, but it has been difficult.  For one thing, it has been a bit of a struggle getting into the meat of the story.  I've been finding myself writing a lot that is very honest and personal, but it is not necessarily in a form that resembles a story at the moment.  I think that is probably alright, for now, that it will begin to move that way when I am comfortable with the nature of this piece.  It is very much built on my experiences, particularly as a fat man, even as it also has science fiction elements at the core of the story.  I think that I need to get more comfortable in that space as a writer, and I believe that is happening.  I have been diligent, in spite of any misgivings or other difficulties, in working on this new piece each day, and I feel like that is the real secret.  I believe that if I keep at it this way, working on it a bit at a time from one day to the next, never letting it go but returning each day, the dedication will pay off and it will all come together, eventually.  I just have focus on doing the work and that will be enough.  I think the act of being dedicated to the work itself plays a big role in that, at least for me.  I believe that my dedication to the work is a way to demonstrate to myself that I am serious, and that, for me, makes a difference.  I cannot explain it except to imagine that my muse notices my efforts and is inspired to offer a bit more help as a result.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three