A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-Five-Hundred-And-Twenty-Four

I am finding the new novel a bit difficult to get started, right now.  I've written a bit, of course, and am committed to keeping with it.  As I said last night, I trust that, by working on it with diligence, I will find my way, but I am also recognizing that I am writing something that involves a lot of stuff very close to home for me.  In many ways that is good, I know, but I am also finding it hard to express these things, to talk about them honestly.  I have a lot of deep issues related to my weight, and attempting to craft a story that involves that is hitting me more than I had prepared myself for.  My answer to this is just to be gentle with myself.  I don't need to be fast or write a great deal.  Today, for example, I only added a few sentences to what I began with yesterday; still, though it was only a few sentences, what I wrote felt real and honest and was difficult to get out.  It may not have been a great many words, but it felt like a significant bit of work.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three