A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-Five-Hundred-And-Twenty-Three

I began work on the new novel, though I am not entirely confident about it yet.  I knew I needed to just throw myself in and get started, or I would wind up pushing it aside and it would just fade away, as so often happens with an idea for a story.  I am committed to this idea, have chosen to follow it through, and so I just started writing.  I know enough about the idea itself, have the overall plot in my head, at least in general strokes.  The specifics are not all clear, but I trust myself to figure that out, and I feel like forcing myself to begin is a good way to motivate myself to get there.  I am committed to keeping up with work on this each day.  I don't know that it has to be a huge amount, but I know that if I keep at it with that kind of steady pace, I will find the story, and once that happens, the rest is just staying the course.  The resulting piece will likely need a huge amount of work, even still, but I will have a completed draft to work from.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three