A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-Five-Hundred-And-Twenty

Christmas is a bit difficult and strange for me.  It was never my holiday, of course, growing up.  In fact, as a Jew, and perhaps especially because of my late December birthday, it has always felt a bit exclusionary.  It is a big party but not one that is really intended for me or those in my community.  Now, though, I am in a relationship with someone who has a different relationship to the holiday and I am trying to get better at understanding and connecting with Christmas.  In truth, I know I am not very good at it, but I have tried, at least in the past.  I feel like this year, it really has gotten away from me.  I know that I haven't done a good job of making it special for Melissa, and I feel really bad about it.  I am hoping I can do a few things tomorrow to help make up for it, but I know it is probably too little, too late.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three