A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-Five-Hundred-And-Seventeen

In writing about Dracula and the vampire genre over-all's anti-Semitism, I also have found it important to research and discuss other aspects of the genre, in particular the queer elements that exist in these works.  I think it is integral for me to acknowledge in writing on this topic the legitimacy of claims that vampires are and have been queer, just as I believe it is also clear they have been Jewish, and I think this overlap cannot be understood as prioritizing one or the other side of the conundrum, if it is approached honestly.  One way I have been attempting to explore and discuss this is by considering various interlinks that already exist between anti-Semitic and homophobic and transphobic narratives.  This has required quite a bit of research into some very upsetting stuff, if I am honest.  I need to take a bit of time to process and think on how to present my thoughts coherently and with respect for the various perspectives invoked.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three