A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-Five-Hundred-And-Sixteen

I had a rather low-key birthday this year, though that is far from a complaint.  Things have been hectic enough that it was nice enough to just enjoy the day without much of a plan or anything much to do.  I did go the bookstore and picked up couple of things that I am excited about.  In particular, I finally purchased a copy of Kevin Young's anthology, African American Poetry: 250 Years of Struggle And Song, a book I feel remiss for not having purchased sooner.  I am quite eager to dig into that in the next few days.  Other than that, it was a pretty quiet day for the most part.  Melissa and I had lunch with my mother and went to dinner with a friend (Mom had planned to come but was not feeling well this evening).  Nothing too exciting, but pleasant enough.  I am quite glad, to be honest, to have had it be a rather low stress, low effort birthday in the end.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three