A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-Five-Hundred-And-Fourteen

In a number of ways, the novel that I am planning right now is quite different from other pieces I have written.  The major distinction, of course, is that this piece is intended to be a bit more traditional in style, and is intended to take place in a more grounded, less absurd world than many of my other fictions.  While there is a science fiction element to the story, it is still intended to be rather grounded in terms of the reality it presents.  As I am thinking about the book, I am finding this aspect both challenging and liberating.  For one thing, I can easily imagine incorporating some things from real life into the story, especially since the story is built around issues related to obesity and diet.  It makes sense, doesn't it, that I would choose to write a story built on a premise that connects with issues of significance in my own life, of course, but it has been some time since I've written a story that was grounded enough to consider such an approach.  I am still feeling a bit uncertain as to the plot, especially in terms of the actual big bad.  I have a general sense of what is wrong and why, but I need to make it more specific and have a clearer idea of the danger the protagonist will be up against.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three