A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-Five-Hundred-And-Thirteen

One thing that often happens to me, and, I would guess, to others, is that ideas start to pop up when they know they are most distracting.  I have committed myself to writing the novel that I have mentioned previously, and I am very close to finishing up my current fiction piece, meaning that it will be time to begin this new piece.  Thus, it is quite expected, though no less annoying, that an idea has popped into my head to do with a sort of literary experiment that I have contemplated for a long while, and which I am very tempted to pursue.  It is a very different idea than the one that I have had in mind, and I know that I need to set it aside right now as a distraction.  I really want to write the book I have been thinking about, but I am hoping this other idea is one that sticks around in the back of my mind until I am ready for it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three