A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-Five-Hundred-And-Twelve

The new novel that I am planning to start as soon as I finish my current short story involves an exploration of weight and diet in our culture.  The main character is a man who, like me, has a severe weight problem but he is offered an opportunity that allows him to change this.  Of course, as is inherently true in any such wish fulfillment story, what he winds up with is not really what he thought he was getting.  My goal is for it to be rather comic, or at least satirical, and I think that I have a lot to put into this book.  I know that many of my own experiences struggling with my weight will be relevant, especially as I have been through some very extreme programs.  I have a sense of the plot as a whole, and I think that I understand the conflict at the heart of the story, but I also recognize that I am still looking for something in particular that I can't quite get hold of yet.  I have to figure it out soon: I am almost done with that short story.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three