A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-Five-Hundred-And-Eight

I am still working on this same story, and it keeps rolling along in ways that I didn't quite expect.  Nothing that is happening has undermined where I have always imagined the story was going, but there have been a number of times when things occurred that I wasn't expecting which have resulted in the story inviting in ideas that I hadn't considered or anticipated.  In some ways, I am worried that it is not all holding together, or that the reader, when it is finished, will find it rambling or boring in some ways, but I am also aware that I don't really know.  What seems boring to me may not read that way to a reader, and even if I still think things are too slow or have off track in part of the story, I will have the ability to revise it when I am finished.  It feels important to allow myself this freedom in crafting the story initially; even if it were to end up with much of the work being cut out, I still think it is important to write it all in the first place.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three