A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-Four-Hundred-And-Ninety-Seven

I have been doing a bit of research and other preparation for the novel I want to start when I finish the story I am currently writing.  In part, the research is about the specifics of the science fiction device that I am premising much of the story around, as it is a fairly reasonable creation and based on actual science to a certain extent.  In truth, I don't think I need to have a super detailed explanation for how it works, but I want to have a clear understanding for myself, even if it doesn't wind up being part of the story.  As well as looking into the science, I've also been thinking about elements of plot and theme, and about certain specifics in the story.  Earlier today, I just happened on some material that demonstrated how certain ideas that are central to my story developed, and which makes some important and interesting connections that I had not considered before but seem quite obvious and sensible when considered.  What is quite interesting is that I feel like this adds a certain dimension that will flesh out the stakes of the conflict.  It feels as if I had been waiting for something of this sort, even if I didn't know it yet.  I still need to do some thinking to get this slotted into the story, but it feels like it is all coming together.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three