Poem: I Am Afraid That One Day It Will Be Too Much And I Will Break

I Am Afraid That One Day It Will Be Too Much And I Will Break

What is there?  Nothing will change
and I can change none of it.
I am not a fool.  You want me to accept it,
but understand what it is you are saying,
understand me, here and now
and as this one, as who I became.
There is not any way it can be alright
if it is only continuation,
if nothing is done that makes it different.
The results can be foretold,
they are clear.  I have been told
what is impossible, have been told
what I should not want or expect.
I have been told what will be required
and the effort and time and expense
and all that is built upon it.
It is not worth doing.
I do not want to be in this world
where I can do nothing
but break or be broken.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three