A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-Four-Hundred-And-Sixty-Eight

I think I am getting very close to the ending with the short story I am writing, but it is hard to be certain with this piece.  It keeps twisting around and the events of the story don't work like a traditional plot, but that seems to be a large part of the point for this story.  In many ways it is a story that seems to be about the fact that it doesn't make sense, a story commenting on absurdity through an embodiment of it.  There is a strong sense of the direction that I want to take for the ending, even if I am not fully certain of the exact specifics yet.  I suspect the ending will have a big job in this case, by providing not just a sense of resolution but a meaningful lens for the reader to filter the rest of the story.  Perhaps that is just me hoping the story is not complete junk that makes no sense at all.  I am quite aware that this is always a possibility.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, Day Three-Hundred-And-Sixty-Nine

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three