Poem: Overwhelm, Again

Overwhelm, Again

So many other things have been happening
and I am not able to be focused
the way I want to focus.  I am trying
to be on target with it all,
to take care of things 
and get it all done, but
I am not doing well at that.
I am admitting it, which is good,
I think.  It is better 
than pretending to be fine,
than braving your way
into furthering the disaster.
No.  I do not want
to perpetuate the problem
by pretending it is not.
I have no real answers
or ways to make it better,
but I know it exists.
Perhaps it will help,
but I am not certain.
I recognize the harm
in ignoring it altogether.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three