Poem: Just More

Just More

It was no longer expected,
was, in fact, a surprise,
but when I saw it
I had hope.  I mean,
I wanted to think
it might be good news,
might be affirming,
for once.  I need good news,
need something to happen,
a meaningful, positive development
let us call it.  So much
has been going wrong,
so many things
that cannot be ignored
or walked away from,
that need to be attended,
and I am overwhelmed by it.
I need something to happen
that shows me it is still possible
for things to be good,
for things to not be always bad.
Then you send me this.
How were you to know?
But still,
it is more
of what I already have
too much.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three