Poem: Insecure

Insecure

What can be done to bring it all together
and make certain it will be safe, 
or is it too much already?  Is it possible,
or is it already too much
for any simple answer?  I want it all
to be protected.  That is best,
I understand.  I know
I did nothing for so long.
I could have done it
over all this time,
I could have been doing it.
I did not, and I don't start,
have never started.  I wait
for a solution to all of it.
I suppose it would be better
to just do what I can,
but that seems wrong, somehow.
It might be best 
if at least something
were made safe,
but I am only interested
if it can be everything.
It is not a good way to be,
but it would upset me
to think I had been unfair.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three