Poem: I Do Not Know If That Stain Came Out

I Do Not Know If That Stain Came Out

from the shirt I was wearing the other day.
I felt terrible when I noticed it.  It was silly
to wear that shirt while I was sitting around.
I could have changed into something else,
something that was not as delicate or as nice,
but I had put it on earlier, when we went out.
I wanted to be dressed well when we went out.
I should have changed afterwards
or been more careful.  I do not have
so many nice shirts, and now
I am worried I have one less.
But, I did launder it.  The stain
might have come out
and it may all be fine.
If the stain came out
forget I said anything at all.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three