A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-Four-Hundred-And-Twenty-Two

I returned, once more, to writing about some of the thornier issues that keep coming up in writing this prose piece.  It is still hanging there, waiting to be put down in a way that  I feel confident and comfortable about, but to do that hasn't been easy.  The ideas relate to bigotry and to specific stereotypes that involve the idea of abusive behavior.  It is not an easy subject in any way, and it is made more complicated by the context, which connects to other sorts of marginalization,  I think that I am getting towards what I really want to say this time, but it hasn't been easy to get there.  Part of what I had to do was to just take a larger perspective which allowed me to look at some of these issues first, to bring them up and discuss what was important before putting everything back together.  I still have more to write on this subject, but I think I found the way to approach it.  It has taken a while to get here, but I think this may be the last thing that I really need to get right before I will feel ready to finish this piece for real so I can try to get it published.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three