A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-Four-Hundred-And-Thirty-Five

I did more work on that new piece of fiction I started last night, and I am still not entirely certain of where it is going.  It is an experiment, I have to remember, and it is not all that important if it turns out to be something great or not, not right now.  The goal is to build up an ability, to become consistent and proficient so that I can keep doing the work.  I really think that is what is most important for me right now, in terms of the fiction.  It is not about attempting to get better at the actual artistic intricacies but about building the ability to just get the work done.  The work I've done in the past to become a better writer is already a part of me.  I don't need to focus on that.  Rather, I need to train myself to do the actual writing, just as with poetry and, more recently, with non-fiction.  The only thing that matters right now is to keep going with writing the piece and working on it until I reach some sort of ending.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three