A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-Four-Hundred-And-Thirty-Seven

I am working on a bit of media analysis as part of the prose work I've been doing. There is a television program relevant to the topic that I was recommended to watch and which I think has some interesting aspects worth exploring, but I am having a lot of trouble getting the ideas out in a coherent manner.  Part of the issue is that I keep trying to summarize the entire plot of the work in question.  I am aware that it may be something that my readers are not all familiar with, so it feels that it could be appropriate, but at the same time, it bogs everything down.  I know the important points I want to make.  I need to find a way to give enough context to explain those issues without getting stuck talking about everything else that isn't as relevant, it is just that doing that is not always easy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three