A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-Four-Hundred-And-Thirty-Six

As I discussed yesterday, my brother's cat was put to sleep this morning.  He is up in New York so I couldn't be there, unfortunately, but our mother is there, so at least he was not alone.  I spoke with him several times and will probably call him again after this, but he seems to be doing alright, in general.  That is not to say that he isn't a mess, but I think, as sad as he is, he also realizes that Cisco had a full and happy life, and that he was lucky to have her as long as he did.  While her health had been in decline for a while, it didn't seem as if she was suffering very much, at least, I gather, not until these last several days.  He said that she was having issues with mobility and didn't seem to be able to move her rear legs.  As well, he told me that she didn't seem to be eating at all.  In the end, I think he was worried that she was starting to really suffer and he didn't want her to go through that.  It is a difficult thing no matter what, of course, but I think he recognizes it was the right decision.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three