A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-Four-Hundred-And-Fifteen

I wrote one of the shorter prose pieces I have been intending to get to today.  Of course, I also did more work on my big essay as well, but I think that I might have begun to really explore a possible way to organize the piece.  I can see a few different threads that exist in the essay as a whole, and I am thinking I might have a good sense of how to compose it into a braided essay of a sort.  Their is certainly a personal essay element that I can expand to make a sort of centerpiece, and I have a few other elements that are already organized around certain topics within the piece, in a way that could work in that kind of construction.  I need to think about it a little more and decide how the other elements of the essay might work in this context, but I do like the idea of incorporating some of the disjointedness that has been part of my writing process on this piece.  I feel like some kind of multifaceted meta-essay is really the proper direction, even if not exactly what is generally meant by a braided essay.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three