A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-Four-Hundred-And-Thirty-One

As I have been researching and reading, I keep having this dual experience.  On one hand, I will see something and be quite certain of what I am observing, will recognize it quite clearly, but I will also realize, almost at the same time, that it will not be at all obvious to most people.  I find myself wondering, at times, if I am going too far, if I am jumping at shadows, making conclusions that are not based on the evidence, even as I am looking at the evidence.  Others who have read what I am writing have not suggested that I am off base with my thoughts, but I am still uncertain.  I know I am not the first person to discuss these ideas, that much of what I have to say is accepted already, even if not considered by most people, but I still worry.  I think it is more a fear that what I have to say will be dismissed and ignored.  It would be quite upsetting if that were the case.  I have had experiences being ignored in this way before, and I wonder if that fear has been part of what keeps me from reaching towards concluding this piece at the moment.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Part Three Is Coming

Poem: Is He Gone, Now

A Writer's Notebook, Day Thirty-Seven