A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-Four-Hundred-And-Thirty-One

As I have been researching and reading, I keep having this dual experience.  On one hand, I will see something and be quite certain of what I am observing, will recognize it quite clearly, but I will also realize, almost at the same time, that it will not be at all obvious to most people.  I find myself wondering, at times, if I am going too far, if I am jumping at shadows, making conclusions that are not based on the evidence, even as I am looking at the evidence.  Others who have read what I am writing have not suggested that I am off base with my thoughts, but I am still uncertain.  I know I am not the first person to discuss these ideas, that much of what I have to say is accepted already, even if not considered by most people, but I still worry.  I think it is more a fear that what I have to say will be dismissed and ignored.  It would be quite upsetting if that were the case.  I have had experiences being ignored in this way before, and I wonder if that fear has been part of what keeps me from reaching towards concluding this piece at the moment.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three