A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-Four-Hundred-And-Twenty-Eight

If I am honest, I do not feel much like writing this entry tonight.  I am exhausted and feeling just emotionally drained as well as generally overwhelmed.  Nothing much happened today that really changed things, but so much has happened lately that is still hanging over me.  I have mentioned that the renovation on my house went very wrong and that has become a major headache with no clear or good resolution available.  As well, Perry died, which, beyond the immediate impact of a family member dying, has also changed things in terms of matters around Melissa's Mother's death that we have been dealing with.  Beyond any of that, and this is quite odd and I am not certain I really have a firm enough grasp on what happened to explain, but my Mother's cousin was taken hostage by his ex-girlfriend's ex-husband.  He was apparently bloodied up, and it seems like he was probably beaten, but it is not at all clear what really happened.  My mom had to drive out to where he lives and help him out.  He stayed with her for several days, but I think things are settling down a bit at the moment.  I can't help but wonder what the next thing is going to be, though it feels like their has been enough already, at least for now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three