A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-Four-Hundred-And-Twenty-Seven

I am finding myself very motivated with writing my prose lately.  I've done a lot of reading and researched a great deal, and it has me very excited.  Lately, I have actually been spending a fair amount of time just working on the piece outside my usual scheduled writing time, which is not typical of me when I am just writing poetry.  It is partly a byproduct of the work being continuous.  I am not starting out with a new thing each day, and often spend time considering what I want to bring up next and how to incorporate it into the narrative.  It has been some time since I felt myself this involved in a project of this sort.  Most of the time I am writing short pieces, quickly drafting them, so even when I have a piece that I am connecting with, it isn't sustained.  It is wonderful to feel this kind of drive, to find the work so compelling, and I am quite excited to see what the end result will be.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three