A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-Four-Hundred-And-Twenty-Six

For the first time in several years, I shaved off my beard tonight.  I had been growing it for quite a while, though I did trim it on occasion, of course.  The choice to get rid of it was rather sudden.  I had been thinking of trimming, but then it just came on me that I wanted to be done with it for now.  I think it was a matter of releasing something, perhaps.  I sort of feel like it was a choice to kind of let go of some of what I have been carrying around for the last few years.  It was a symbolic beard, perhaps, a sign of some process that I had been keeping myself stuck in, and maybe by shaving it, I have also shed some negative energy.  Perhaps that was not true, but now I have programmed my mind to think it, and so it will become what I believe and how I act, will become true as a result of my writing this tonight.  I do not know, but I am thinking that, at the very least, I may get a better nights sleep without the difficulty of keeping my CPAP mask sealed despite a beard.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three