Poem: What I Should Do Is Not This, I Think

What I Should Do Is Not This, I Think

but I do not believe myself.
I want to trust the instinct,
but I have to trust this, too,
have to be willing
to take this leap,
or I think that is the case.
It is not a simple thing.
It is not at all clear.
I have to trust in this,
or I want to trust it?
I suppose I do.
I am making a choice
that may not be right
but I am making it
and will learn
and gain from it,
or it will go wrong
and that will mean something,
but it is small, I think,
It could go quite well.
I hope it does.
That would be nice.
It would be a change
for this to go well.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is this whole blog thing for anyway?

Part Three Is Coming

Le Guin, Steering The Craft, Chapter Five: Adjectives and Adverbs (Exercise Five, Chastity)