Poem: What I Should Do Is Not This, I Think

What I Should Do Is Not This, I Think

but I do not believe myself.
I want to trust the instinct,
but I have to trust this, too,
have to be willing
to take this leap,
or I think that is the case.
It is not a simple thing.
It is not at all clear.
I have to trust in this,
or I want to trust it?
I suppose I do.
I am making a choice
that may not be right
but I am making it
and will learn
and gain from it,
or it will go wrong
and that will mean something,
but it is small, I think,
It could go quite well.
I hope it does.
That would be nice.
It would be a change
for this to go well.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three