Poem: Preparing for Their Arrival

Preparing for Their Arrival

They told me that was the day
when they would return
and I did not think much of it,
but you tell me 
their is an auspicious quality
to that date.  I did not know,
and what is there to do?
It is not the day I would choose,
not knowing what I am told.
Too much returns with that day,
too much that weighs down.
Is it cast be the light of the sun?
They are returning, though,
and expect me to be there,
to greet them and ease the arrival.
I do not think their is any choice for me.
I wish it were otherwise,
especially now,
knowing what that day will be.
How is it you knew
and I did not?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three