Poem :It Was Fast This Time

It Was Fast This Time

all of it rolled by,
even the bits 
that are always slowest
were just as fast,
and I think
that is a good thing,
think it is, think
I am glad
it was easier,
or smoother
or just quicker.
I hope it was good, too,
and I think it may be 
that it was good,
that I did well.
I do not know, not now,
not so soon.  It takes time,
reflection.  But it may be fine
I made it through so fast.
I do not think it is a sign of trouble.
I was not rushing, 
it was only that I was ready,
that things were clear
as soon as I arrived.
I think that is good.
I am not certain,
but I think so.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three