Poem: It Is All Haphazard, Really

It Is All Haphazard, Really 

and I don't understand
how to order it or
what is best
or even how it works
in a deeper sense.
It is all just doing,
not thought or preparation.
I don't have that part down,
and haven't tried to learn.
I just keep going
and trying to imagine
it is what should be done.
I do not know though.
Maybe, if I knew
I would do better,
or maybe
I would do less and worse.
I can't say at all
what good is where.
It has been this way so long,
and maybe this way is enough,
given all the time, given more
and more of it.  I do not know.
It doesn't seem a good bet, though.
I would like a bit more than that,
but I also do not know
how to change it
or do it right,
whatever that might mean
according to whoever it is
can be called the expert.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three