Poem: It Has to Be Done

It Has to Be Done

Should have been done
before this, but
I did not, not yet.  
I will try to do it soon,
when I decide the best way.
I am scared, if you want to know
why I am not done already,
why it is taking me time.
I want to be done, but
I do not know
if I can do it well
or if it will be all wrong
and a waste.  I am afraid
it will be only a waste.
I should set that aside
and not hesitate more,
not second guess.  It is time.
There is not long left.
It must be done soon, now
that I have waited so long.
It must be done
even if I am afraid,
unless I am more afraid
to do it then
to have you complain
it is not done.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three