Poem: It Has to Be Done

It Has to Be Done

Should have been done
before this, but
I did not, not yet.  
I will try to do it soon,
when I decide the best way.
I am scared, if you want to know
why I am not done already,
why it is taking me time.
I want to be done, but
I do not know
if I can do it well
or if it will be all wrong
and a waste.  I am afraid
it will be only a waste.
I should set that aside
and not hesitate more,
not second guess.  It is time.
There is not long left.
It must be done soon, now
that I have waited so long.
It must be done
even if I am afraid,
unless I am more afraid
to do it then
to have you complain
it is not done.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is this whole blog thing for anyway?

Part Three Is Coming

A Writer's Notebook, Day Thirty-Seven