Poem: Impossible Decision

Impossible Decision

There are parameters
for what is wanted
and they are clear
but what is possible
does not care
about wants,
or even about needs.
The world is one way
and is still that way 
even when it is inconvenient
and that is simple, yes,
is too obvious a thing.
It is always this way,
but it is not easy
when it comes again and again.
Why can't there be a choice
that has a good option
as one of the possibilities present?
It seems like that would happen,
at least a bit of the time, right?
It is never any good
to have to make a choice
when it is all unwanted outcomes.
I do not want to choose
if anything I can choose is nothing I want,
but I do not want to have nothing, either,
I do not want to not choose
and have nothing at all, either.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three